Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sweet November

4-days, 3-nights, Co-ed, 18+. Specifically designed for those seeking a longer and challenging training experience. Tents will not be used; students will overnight in improvised shelters. Students may bring plenty of food, utilizing camp fires for dinner and breakfast. Students will extreme hike to their camps, as a group and in two-person teams, using learned map & compass skills. Instruction will include our seven priorities of survival: positive mental attitude, wilderness first aid, shelter, fire craft, signaling, water, and food. Proper knots and lashings will be taught and students will also become very proficient in using a topographic map and compass and, of course, making fire. A complete equipment list will be sent upon registration. This course is a "modern" survival course in that we encourage proper equipment, preparedness, and the capability of rescue within 72-hours.

This November I am going to go for some fun. It was a Christmas gift. I think I know a lot of this stuff, in theory. In practicality no. I will let you know what I think of the school. They mail you a complete list of equipment you will need to bring. I can wait to see what I need to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment